School reaches business finals
A GROUP of year 10 pupils from Westhaven School will be representing their own school and the West of England Secondary Schools in the regional finals of the Team Programme.
The school took part in the area final with its company 14 Plus 1 which has been working as a Young Enterprise company since September last year.
The 15 pupils came up with the idea of a new car game called Prime Spots, which is based on the principle of Top Trumps with each card showing a Weston attraction.
At the competition held at Bristol University on May 11, the group was not only selected to go forward to the regional finals but also won the Best Trade Stand award.
In addition to the Prime Spots game, 14 Plus 1 have started a local newspaper based on the school and the local area.
You may also want to watch:
This is the sixth company set up by the school under the Young Enterprise banner and have represented the West of England in the Regional Finals on each occasion, winning the final once before.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 10 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston