Shakespeare adapted for children
A MIDSUMMER Night’s Dream will be performed by budding young thespians this month.
The classic comedy tale by William Shakespeare has been adapted by an award-winning Shakespeare 4 Kidz project, and will be performed by Weston’s Act One Drama Group.
The junior section of the Wayfarers Drama Group will take to the stage in the Theatre-in-the-Hut from July 28-31.
The play is one of Shakespeare’s best known and enduring comedies and features fairies, fun, royalty, romance, magic and misunderstandings.
Who can resist the fabulous story of a duke marrying his Amazonian queen, two sets of lovers who elope into the woods where the audience finds feuding fairies, and a naughty sprite called Puck?
You may also want to watch:
This magical adaptation is a hugely-entertaining introduction to Shakespeare and helps children to understand the story and feel the emotions and excitement of this classic comic tale.
Act One, which is led by drama teacher Sharone Miller, has a membership of 30 children aged between eight to 16 years old.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 4 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
The theatre is off Milton Avenue and evening showings will begin at 7.30pm. There will also be a matinee at 11.30am on July 31.
For tickets call Sharone Miller on 01934 622113 or for more details visit www.wayfarersdrama.org.uk