Teacher shaves head to support daughter after brain surgery
- Credit: Archant
A teacher from Sidcot School has gone under the clippers to support his six-year-old daughter who has just had brain surgery.
Andy Cox, who is deputy head of maths at the private school in Winscombe, decided to give up his hair to support Epilepsy Action after his daughter was diagnosed with the condition at the age of four.
She was given a variety of medications to try to control the seizures, but nothing worked, so doctors opted for brain surgery.
Andy said: “This has been tough to say the least, but probably the most difficult conversation we had with her was about her hair being shaved.
“So I decided to lose mine too – hopefully laughing at my ridiculous head will help her feel better and money raised will improve the support for other people suffering from this condition as well.”
You may also want to watch:
You can sponsor Andy at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/andy-cox-42
- 1 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 2 Dog falls off side of Brean Down
- 3 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people
- 6 Secondary school to expand to allow 900 more pupils
- 7 Council reveals cost for new primary school
- 8 Chef with Michelin star experience shares 'ultimate winters seafood' recipe
- 9 Council tax set to rise in North Somerset
- 10 School producing science champions