Sophie’s Christmas card creation
A COLOURFUL Christmas tree that incorporates Weston College’s W logo has won this year’s college Christmas card competition.
Student Sophie Cooper, aged 19, from Bleadon, was chosen from dozens of entries by a panel of judges, including principal Dr Paul Phillips and Sarah Clark, head of creative arts.
Sophie, who is studying for an extended diploma in photography, said: “I was surprised and delighted when my design was chosen.
“I don’t normally work with graphics but I thought it would be interesting to tie in the College logo with a familiar Christmas object.”
Sophie’s design carefully weaves the strands of the blue-and-white logo into the branches of a Christmas tree, earning her a cheque for �50. Her design will now appear on all official Weston College cards this year.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was sponsored by North Somerset design agency Duttons, based in Nailsea.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 3 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 4 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 Freedom Day: Should we come out of lockdown on June 21?