Sport, sport and more sport at Cheddar school
CHEDDAR pupils will be able to try their hand at a range of different sports next week.
Pupils at Cheddar First School will be able to have a go at tae-kwan-do, handball, tennis and orienteering as well as their annual sports day during national sports week beginning from July 27.
At the end of the week there will be a chance for pupils to have a go at any sport they want as all PE equipment will be laid on the field for them to enjoy.
Trish Tidman, sports co-ordinator said: “It is to give an introduction into different sports and activities.
“It could be how many laps of the field they can manage or if they are swimming lengths and lengths.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully if they enjoy something they can look to join a club.”
The national sports week wants to use the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games to inspire young people and encourage them to take part in more sports.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable