Students delve into mud for movie
MEDIA students from Weston College boosted their skills in producing and directing by making a live film, based on the hit ITV show I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here.
Media production course co-ordinator, Wendy Chadwick, and media tutor, Dan Andrews, took on the roles of the show’s presenters Ant and Dec, to oversee the students delve into boxes of sea mud, soup, cold beans and soaked bread.
Wendy said: “It was a great collaborative fast-paced experience for students to gain insight into what it’s like working on a real TV set.
“They had a live script and were not allowed to stop the cameras rolling so any mistakes stayed.”
The winner of the competition was Josh Graylish, aged 18, of Summerlands Road in Weston.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was vile stuff to put your hands into but great fun to work with the crew in the TV studio who made sure everything ran smoothly.”
- 1 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 2 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 3 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 4 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 5 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 6 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 7 Radical overhaul of bus network could bring £50m boost to West
- 8 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 9 Conservative candidate chosen for by-election
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston