The Jungle Book performed for end-of-year show in St Georges
- Credit: Archant
Year six pupils who spent more than a month rehearsing a musical performed for the parents last week.
The children from St Georges Primary School, in St Georges, started rehearsing for The Jungle Book after they finished their SATs exams in May.
They have also been studying the book, which was written by Rudyard Kipling in 1894, as part of their English lessons.
Year six teacher Annie Ford said: “It is a cross-curricular activity.
“They have been doing really well in the rehearsals.”
The performance is based on the Disney version of The Jungle Book, although it is a junior version of the show.
And teachers have been kept busy by creating and finding the costumes and designing and building the scenery.
- 1 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 2 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 3 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 4 Fire crews tackle chimney blaze
- 5 Covid cases still rising in North Somerset
- 6 First Bus announces major changes to bus services
- 7 Weston, Clevedon & Portishead Light Railway: A history
- 8 Dramatic pictures show garage fire that spread to caravan
- 9 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 10 'I had to learn to walk again': Weston man talks of strokes - at 31
This has involved pupils dressing up as monkeys, bees, a bear and a snake.