The Jungle Book performed for end-of-year show in St Georges
- Credit: Archant
Year six pupils who spent more than a month rehearsing a musical performed for the parents last week.
The children from St Georges Primary School, in St Georges, started rehearsing for The Jungle Book after they finished their SATs exams in May.
They have also been studying the book, which was written by Rudyard Kipling in 1894, as part of their English lessons.
Year six teacher Annie Ford said: “It is a cross-curricular activity.
“They have been doing really well in the rehearsals.”
The performance is based on the Disney version of The Jungle Book, although it is a junior version of the show.
And teachers have been kept busy by creating and finding the costumes and designing and building the scenery.
- 1 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 2 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 3 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 4 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 5 Business park to off-set carbon emissions
- 6 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
This has involved pupils dressing up as monkeys, bees, a bear and a snake.