New principal appointed at academy
- Credit: Shane Dean
A new principal has been appointed at an academy.
Dan Milford is the new principal at The King Alfred School Academy (TKASA) after seven months as acting principal.
Mr Milford was vice principal at TKASA for three years, and was previously assistant principal at Worle Community School Academy, with 25 years leadership and teaching experience.
Mr Milford said: “I absolutely love this brilliant school and am very excited to take on the role of principal.
“The students, staff and wider community are all really supportive of the incredible things that have been going on for the last few years. It is a real community partnership.”
Mr Milford was a former professional and semi-professional footballer before taking the route into teaching and he ended his playing career with Bridgwater Town.
Neville Coles, chief executive of The Priory Learning Trust, of which TKASA is a part of, said: “This is a superb appointment. We have seen some rapid improvements at TKASA and something really special is happening at the academy and sixth form.”
- 1 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 2 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 5 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 6 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 7 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 8 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 9 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 10 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p