Students raise £13,000 for inspirational mental health charity
- Credit: Shane Dean
The Priory Learning Trust (TPLT) schools have raised nearly £13,000 for its charity of the year, In Charley’s Memory.
TPLT chief executive Neville Coles presented the charity's operations director Dawn Carey with a cheque to support its work.
In Charley’s Memory was given official charity status in March 2015 and has helped young people across Somerset.
Mr Coles said: “Our students and academies have once again excelled themselves in their giving to worthy causes.
“In Charley’s Memory do a wonderful ongoing work with mental health right across the area. We want to give a big ‘thank you’ to all students, staff, parents and the community for their generous giving.”
You may also want to watch:
Dawn added “We are so grateful to all the schools in The Priory Learning Trust who have been so generous with their charity fundraising.
“This money will go towards our ongoing costs so we can continue to help so many more young people.”
- 1 Man dies after collision with car
- 2 Sisters take on Weston walk in father’s memory
- 3 Flood alleviation scheme on outskirts of Weston completed
- 4 Worle pub due to be a nursery up for sale
- 5 Weston RNLI given over £4,000 from major technology firm
- 6 Weston police officer faces misconduct hearing after alleged racist comments
- 7 Man arrested after vigilant witness reports suspicious activity
- 8 Owner attempts to delay Birnbeck Pier compulsory purchase order, but council stands firm
- 9 One-way scheme improves safety outside primary school
- 10 Managing director handed suspended sentence for health and safety breach