Trustee sought for new special school in North Somerset
- Credit: Pixabay
A multi-academy trust is looking for a trustee and governors to help steer the development of a new special school in Churchill.
The school was given the go-ahead in 2020 to provide 65 places for children aged five to 16 with social, emotional and mental health needs. Currently students with these needs have to travel outside of North Somerset for school.
Learn@ Multi Academy Trust, which will run the new school, is looking for a trustee who will help to appoint a headteacher, key staff and create an academy council. A trustee is required to start as soon as possible, and governors from September.
The new school features many specialist facilities, such as sensory rooms, therapy spaces and vocational learning areas, as well as lots of outdoor space for play and learning.
The trust is hoping to run the school on a temporary site from September 2022, ready to fully open in 2023.
To find out more about becoming a trustee, call 01174 566513.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced