Welly plant pot winners revealed
- Credit: Archant
OLD wellies were recycled and turned into plant pots for brightly-coloured flowers during a horticultural competition for children.
Weston Horticultural Society and Weston In Bloom held a plant-a-welly competition, and judged the winners at Westhaven School on Monday.
Each competitor was awarded a certificate, as well as an entry form for the children’s classes at Weston Flower Show.
Three sunflower-shaped trophies will also be awarded to the winners at the show.
The winners are Nathan Williams from St Mark’s Primary School, Kadie Peller from St Mark’s Primary School and Dionne Sargeant from Bournville Primary School.
You may also want to watch:
The competition was held in preparation for the flower show, which will take place on August 8 in the Town Square and feature a number of activities for children.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 9 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win