Weston College expert scoops top award
A TOP award has been given to an ‘exemplary’ staff member from Weston College.
Andrea Greer, the college’s executive director in charge of services and responsiveness in the human resources department, travelled to the House of Commons in London to receive a learning skills and improvement star (LSIS) award for workforce development.
The awards are held to recognise and reward the unsung heroes of the learning and skills sector.
Andrea said: “I am thrilled to be given this most prestigious award and delighted that the outstanding staff at Weston College have received recognition as a result.”
Andrea, who commutes daily to Weston from her home in Totnes, Devon, was the driving force behind the college’s successful bid for investors in people ‘champion’ status.
You may also want to watch:
It is now one of only 40 organisations in the country to hold such an accolade.
Principal Dr Paul Phillips said: “I nominated a number of my staff for star awards and Andrea is exemplary because she did not come from the world of education and brought her commercial knowledge to develop new benchmarks for HR.
- 1 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 2 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 3 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 4 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 5 Weston AFC unveil more Optima Stadium development plans
- 6 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
“Her input has been vital in advancing our staff through continuous professional development.