Weston College open day
AN OPEN morning for prospective Weston College students with learning difficulties or disabilities will take place tomorrow (Thurs).
Parents and carers of pupils aged 16 and upwards are also invited along to the Knightstone Campus from 10.30am-12.30pm to take a tour of the site, gather course information and meet current students.
The foundation learning scheme, which has been awarded ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, is in its tenth year and there is a wide-range of courses on offer.
Students can gain recognised qualifications including vocational knowledge, personal and social development and skills in English, maths and ICT.
These can then be used as a springboard for moving onto further courses at level two or apprenticeships, supported employment with training and help with independent living.
You may also want to watch:
Transition specialist support instructor, Lorna Gaines, said: “The open morning is for anyone who wants to find out what foundation learning offers and there will be lots of information about courses.”
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 6 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 7 Euro 2020: 7 places to watch Euro 2020 in Weston
- 8 Planking your way to better health
- 9 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable