Weston College rated with confidence
A NATIONAL authority in higher education has awarded its highest rating for academic standards to Weston College.
The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) protects academic standards and a team of QAA reviewers visited the college last year.
After inspecting the college the reviewers gave it a confidence judgement, which awarded to colleges which perform at the highest level. The reviewers also stated the college provides reliable information to the public.
Dr Paul Phillips, principal of Weston College, said: “This result is another example of the forward thinking of Weston College as it continues to operate as a top performing college delivering courses across the South West.”
QAA reviewers identified a number of examples of good practice at the college including, strategic leadership, pre-programme contact with students and strong links with employers, which enable the college to maintain strong work-related standards.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Phillips said: “It is testament to the brilliance of the staff and resources at Weston College. It also shows how much the students enjoy studying with us and confirms our commitment to putting the learner first.”
The reviewers also recommended the college increases its engagement with employers.
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 7 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
- 10 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
Weston College delivers a range of programmes that are accredited by Bath Spa University, the University of Bath and the University of the West of England, Bristol.