Weston College ready to open £2.5million centre
- Credit: Archant
WESTON College’s £2.5million engineering centre is complete and will be officially opened at the beginning of November.
The college has invested £1.5million in equipment and £1million in building work at its South West Skills Campus in Locking Road, Weston-super-Mare, and now offers a number of engineering and manufacturing courses.
The college’s executive director of professional and technical curriculum Andy Davidson said engineering graduates are likely to earn 20 per cent more each year than graduates from most other subject.
He said: “It’s a fast growing industry in the UK and there is an enormous amount of demand.
“The college’s brand new facilities will enable us to provide students with training on the most current and up-to-date machines.”
You may also want to watch:
The centre will launch on November 2 with members from companies such as Serco, GKN, Thatchers, Midas and more attending.
The college is also set to redevelop the Winter Gardens in Weston town centre, to see the plans click this link.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 7 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 8 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 9 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset