Weston College voted best in the South West
WESTON College has been voted the best in the South West, according to a new poll by the Skills Funding Agency.
The agency is a partner organisation of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, which invests �4billion annually in colleges to fund training for adults in England.
The framework for excellence survey saw learner satisfaction rated at 84 per cent at the college, which was ahead of students in colleges in Bath, Bristol, Strode, Bridgwater, Wiltshire and Exeter.
Strategic support manager Claire Bushell, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for Weston College because nearly 3,000 students took part in the poll.
“Our highest accolade was 89 per cent for the respect students received from staff.
You may also want to watch:
“This is an excellent result and shows just how highly students think of their college.”
Principal Dr Paul Phillips, said: “I am very proud of our team and the fact that their tremendous hard work has been appreciated by so many students and has now been recognised by the Government.”
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 5 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 6 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 7 Somerset votes for two unitaries instead of one by clear margin in poll
- 8 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 9 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced
- 10 £1m funding bid to make Weston police station redevelopment viable