Weston girl in top three for care
WESTON student wins bronze in a UK caring competition.
Kaitlyn Gray from Axbridge was awarded third place in the final round of the WorldSkills UK caring competition.
Kaitlyn is studying for a BTEC national diploma in health and social care at Weston College.
She said: “I really enjoyed taking part in the competition and when I was awarded third place it made me realise that I am a good carer.
“All the judges were lovely and tried to calm your nerves.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really glad I took part in the competition.”
Lead judge and consulting director at the skills academy, Jennifer Bernard, said: “The skills level demonstrated by our care workers has once again been a pleasure to observe.
- 1 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 2 Man in hospital after stabbing in Weston
- 3 Weston son thanks his 'hard working father' for Father's Day
- 4 North Somerset Covid cases increase by 170%
- 5 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 6 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 7 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 8 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 9 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 10 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
“To see competitors confidently showing what they can do when supporting people is a privilege.”
The heat at Exeter College was one of four regional heats.
The highest scoring participants will go to the WorldSkills UK National Caring Competition final in London on July 15.