Weston’s auctioneer leaves his stage at Stephen and Co
THE auctioneer of Weston’s Stephen and Co has announced he will be leaving at the end of the year to embark on a new career at a public school.
Jeremy Pickles, aged 55, of College Road, in Clifton is leaving the estate agents in Walliscote Road to take up a new challenge as director of development at Clifton College.
He said: “After 30 years with Stephen and Co this opportunity has come along out of the blue and offers an exciting opportunity for a complete change of direction.
“I have a long association with Clifton. My four children were educated there and my wife Karen is a housemistress and director of drama.”
As Stephen and Co’s auctioneer Jeremy will not be hanging up his gavel just yet, but will also continue as the firm’s consultant auctioneer.
You may also want to watch:
Jeremy will take up a role which is also new for the college. He will be responsible for promoting its Development Trust and fundraising for projects and bursaries.
- 1 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 2 Weston couple awarded British Empire Medal for supporting others in pandemic
- 3 Royal Mail reviewing town sorting office closure
- 4 Appeal to find missing teenager Ruben
- 5 Majority of Covid cases in North Somerset caused by Delta variant
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 8 Somerset has best Covid vaccine rate for both doses
- 9 PICTURES: Clear summer skies and solar eclipse in North Somerset
- 10 Woman dies at Weston cemetery