Weston students grill The Hoff
FOUR talented Weston students came face to face with an international celebrity on TV this week, when they interviewed The Hoff on regional news.
The Broadoak College quartet were given the chance to grill former Baywatch star David Hasselhoff on BBC Points West after impressing the programme’s bosses with their news-gathering skills during a recent Children In Need event.
On that occasion, the Broadoak group interviewed BBC journalists filming at Weston’s Grand Pier. The BBC team was so impressed, Broadoak received a call asking if the youngsters would interview Hippodrome panto star The Hoff for a TV broadcast.
Teacher Bella Wilson, who accompanied students Fran Smith, Jacob Johnston, Tiffany Hele and Rhys Williams, said: “On the day the students were very nervous and excited about meeting David Hasselhoff.
“They prepared the questions beforehand and they spent over an hour with The Hoff.
You may also want to watch:
“He was so friendly and charming to the children. Even I and my colleague William Smith were in awe of him.”
Student Fran added: “It was bonkers, hilarious, totally terrifying yet an absolutely brilliant experience. I loved it.”
- 1 'Not the slightest chance' Tropicana lido will return to Weston
- 2 Wetherspoon staff isolating after positive Covid-19 case
- 3 Weston-super-Mare's Jake Cornish in Love Island 2021
- 4 Unusual spike in Covid cases in parts of North Somerset
- 5 'It was just horrible' says Tiktok influencer after visit to Weston beach
- 6 PICTURES: Look inside Weston's Revo Kitchen
- 7 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 8 Coronavirus vaccine centre for young people opens in Weston town centre
- 9 Large house and grounds in a favoured semi-rural Weston village
- 10 RNLI volunteer 'will be sorely missed'
The Broadoak students’ interview with The Hoff was broadcast on Monday.