Weston-super-Mare Football Club to host Easter open day
- Credit: Archant
Weston Football Club is set to welcome fans for just £1 on Good Friday as the club hosts an open day to showcase all the club has to offer.
The Woodspring Stadium, in Winterstoke Road, is set to open its doors when the side play Margate on April 14.
The £1 price tag is intended to reward the ‘loyal’ fans who have watched the National League South side this season, and boost the crowd by welcoming new supporters.
As well as watching the game, there will be an opportunity to find out about the academy side, sports facilities and community trust activities which the club hosts on a day-to-day basis.
Weston Football Club’s commercial director, Neil Keeling said: “We ran a similar model back in 2015 called pay what you want.
You may also want to watch:
“But this time around we want to highlight everything this great club has to offer.
“We also really wanted to give something back to our supporters by making entry a minimum of £1 while hopefully attracting new supporters at the same time.
- 1 Fears for Weston General Hospital A&E's future after top doctor resigns
- 2 Calls to scrap housing plan to create "people's forest" in Weston
- 3 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 4 Call for action to reduce rising infection rates in secondary schools
- 5 Sewage emissions report reveals Weston affected by at least 93 sewage spills in the past year
- 6 Temporary traffic lights set to be installed in main road for three weeks
- 7 Christmas lights display for Weston Hospicecare
- 8 Grand Pier's future uncertain as Weston enters tier 3
- 9 Airport to receive £8million grant to 'protect jobs'
- 10 Police appeal after arson attack on caravan
“It is about letting the town know what a great day out you and the family can have at your local football club.”