Young talented chef takes regional prize
A PUPIL from a Weston school has won an award for his cooking skills having being nominated by his teacher.
Marshall Pilgrim a student at Christ Church Primary School in Baker Street won the South West’s Let’s Get Cooking Organisation award for an individual who had benefited the most from cooking.
The cooking organisation runs nationally and aims to promote cooking for communities and schools.
Marshall, aged 11, was nominated by his teacher Ann Dean who teaches basic skills at cooking classes for children after school.
He won the schools masterchef competition last year with a three course meal of smoked salmon Spanish omelette, Thai stir-fry curry and double chocolate mouse.
You may also want to watch:
He received a certificate for the award and the school received a pasta making machine.
- 1 REVEALED: Three locations chosen for new Aldi stores
- 2 Revo Kitchen opens in Weston
- 3 Planning application submitted for £30million second school site
- 4 Family pub reopens after lockdown transformation
- 5 Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- 6 Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- 7 Bristol Balloon Fiesta cancelled at Ashton Court in place of city flypasts
- 8 Spot the scarecrows around Kewstoke and Sand Bay
- 9 Yatton pub releases full English breakfast fragrance
- 10 Thunderstorms forecast for North Somerset