EU Referendum latest
WESTON'S Pensioners' Forum has had more than 200 responses to its poll about an EU referendum.
WESTON'S Pensioner's Forum has had more than 200 responses to its poll about an EU referendum.
The forum set up the poll to see whether residents in the town think the British Government should hold a referendum to ask people whether they want to sign up to an EU constitution.
Out of all the responses returned, so far only one has disagreed with the group's view.
The forum has expressed its distrust of the EU and its concern that the Government is prepared to hand over too much responsibility to Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Forum chairman Ken Lacey said: "It's definitely gathering momentum and I hope we have many more responses by the time I take the results to the Government."
Voting slips will be collected until October 8.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 3 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 4 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 7 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 8 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 9 School to host outdoor open day
- 10 Stunning detached stone cottage in sought-after area of Weston