EU Referendum latest
WESTON'S Pensioners' Forum has had more than 200 responses to its poll about an EU referendum.
WESTON'S Pensioner's Forum has had more than 200 responses to its poll about an EU referendum.
The forum set up the poll to see whether residents in the town think the British Government should hold a referendum to ask people whether they want to sign up to an EU constitution.
Out of all the responses returned, so far only one has disagreed with the group's view.
The forum has expressed its distrust of the EU and its concern that the Government is prepared to hand over too much responsibility to Europe.
You may also want to watch:
Forum chairman Ken Lacey said: "It's definitely gathering momentum and I hope we have many more responses by the time I take the results to the Government."
Voting slips will be collected until October 8.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision