North Somerset events shortlisted in national awards
- Credit: Archant
Five events and organisations from North Somerset have been shortlisted for a national award.
The National Outdoor Events Association Awards is the country's leading outdoor events trade association.
The events on the shortlist and categories are, Whirligig, Theatre Orchard for small event, the Street Food Warehouse for small festival, Weston Beach Race for sporting event, Balloons On The Beach, Exclusive Ballooning for best new event, and eat:Festivals for best practice, best event, event organiser and management team.
The awards will be presented at a special ceremony on November 27 in Bath.
Caritas Charles, North Somerset Council's executive member for tourism and leisure, said: "It's testament to the quality of events our event team attract to the area and support, attracting many thousands of visitors to our area.
You may also want to watch:
"I wish all our finalists the best of luck for the ceremony next month."
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 7 Village enjoys returning horticultural show
- 8 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 9 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse