North Somerset events shortlisted in national awards
- Credit: Archant
Five events and organisations from North Somerset have been shortlisted for a national award.
The National Outdoor Events Association Awards is the country's leading outdoor events trade association.
The events on the shortlist and categories are, Whirligig, Theatre Orchard for small event, the Street Food Warehouse for small festival, Weston Beach Race for sporting event, Balloons On The Beach, Exclusive Ballooning for best new event, and eat:Festivals for best practice, best event, event organiser and management team.
The awards will be presented at a special ceremony on November 27 in Bath.
Caritas Charles, North Somerset Council's executive member for tourism and leisure, said: "It's testament to the quality of events our event team attract to the area and support, attracting many thousands of visitors to our area.
You may also want to watch:
"I wish all our finalists the best of luck for the ceremony next month."
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic