Exciting new course for climbing event
AN EXCITING new course and a special guest star have been unveiled for this year s Crag AttaK.
AN EXCITING new course and a special guest star have been unveiled for this year's Crag AttaK.
The free climbing festival will be held in Cheddar Gorge on June 21 and 22 after a successful launch last year.
Organiser Cheddar Caves & Gorge has promised plenty of thrills for spectators at the two-day event.
Special guest, famous professional British climber Steve McClure, will be paying a visit and many competitors from last year have already signed up.
You may also want to watch:
The improved 2008 marathon course includes an abseil down Acid Rock, a 45-metre traverse across the gorge and an ascent up High Rock. The gruelling traverse will see competitors shimmy across the gorge on a rope suspended high above the gorge road.
Spectators can watch the event or take part in beginner climbs to try out the sport.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 10 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
On the Sunday, climber Jon Ritson will attempt to 'Skywalk the Pinnacles' by walking along a narrow tape.
Money raised from this year's event will be donated to Avon and Somerset Search and Rescue Team, a volunteer group which started out 30 years ago as the Cheddar Gorge Cliff Rescue Team. To enter the event call 01934 742343.