Faith, 5, chops hair off for Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Sarah Baxendale
A five-year-old Weston girl has had her long locks cut for charity.
Faith Baxendale was in need of a haircut when her parents suggested she donate it to The Little Princess Trust.
The Mendip Green Primary School pupil had eight inches of her hair snipped at Just Cuts to make wigs for children who have lost their own hair.
Parents Sarah and Nick said: “When we discussed this with Faith, she was very excited to know that her beautifully, long curly hair could go to another boy or girl and make them happy.
“We are both incredibly proud of Faith.
You may also want to watch:
“She has always had such long hair and for someone so young, she was absolutely on board with this straight away.
“She was so brave and enjoyed having her hair cut off.”
- 1 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 2 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 3 PICTURES: New Aldi store opens in shopping district
- 4 Weston chosen as a ‘priority place’ in bid to transform the country through culture
- 5 FA Cup: Weston AFC cruise past Taunton Town to reach third qualifying round
- 6 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 7 Second school site gets approval despite opposition
- 8 End of busy summer with more events to look forward to
- 9 Customers urged to support local pubs, restaurants and cafes to boost hospitality sector
- 10 Proposal for 96 new homes in Cheddar
Faith has gathered cash in for the charity through sponsorship and the communications department of Avon and Somerset police will hold a non-uniform day for her.