Faith, 5, chops hair off for Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Sarah Baxendale
A five-year-old Weston girl has had her long locks cut for charity.
Faith Baxendale was in need of a haircut when her parents suggested she donate it to The Little Princess Trust.
The Mendip Green Primary School pupil had eight inches of her hair snipped at Just Cuts to make wigs for children who have lost their own hair.
Parents Sarah and Nick said: “When we discussed this with Faith, she was very excited to know that her beautifully, long curly hair could go to another boy or girl and make them happy.
“We are both incredibly proud of Faith.
“She has always had such long hair and for someone so young, she was absolutely on board with this straight away.
“She was so brave and enjoyed having her hair cut off.”
- 1 'Unavoidable' delays push back pier-to-pier cycle way between Weston and Clevedon
- 2 Police warn drivers ahead of M5 fuel protests
- 3 COURT RESULTS: Speeding woman, 71, banned from driving
- 4 Weston woman wins settlement after police records described her as violent
- 5 Man jailed over theft and fraud at Worle butchers
- 6 Fire in freezer unit at Weston supermarket
- 7 Garden centre opens GOLF COURSE for shoppers
- 8 Firm's new depot at Avonmouth creates 10 jobs
- 9 Forest school 'like no other' is helping change the lives of children
- 10 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
Faith has gathered cash in for the charity through sponsorship and the communications department of Avon and Somerset police will hold a non-uniform day for her.