Family of explosion victims grieves
THE two people who were found dead at the scene of the explosion in Axbridge have now been formally identified as Wendy
THE two people who were found dead at the scene of the explosion in Axbridge have now been formally identified as Wendy and Wilfred (known as Wilf) Bastin (pictured).
Wendy was 47 years old and Wilf was aged 60 and worked as a carpenter.
A statement on behalf of the Bastin family reads:
"Last weekend our lives were turned upside down when we learned of the tragic deaths of our beloved Wendy and Wilf.
You may also want to watch:
"We are co-operating fully with the police so they can conduct a speedy investigation.
"We as a family need time now to come to terms with our loss and to inform all those who cared about Wendy and Wilf regarding their deaths.
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 4 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 New principal appointed at academy
- 7 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 8 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 9 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 10 Five sites get Green Flag status
"On behalf of all the family we ask that we be left alone to come to terms with our grief in the days and weeks before we are able to lay our loved ones to rest.