Family of explosion victims grieves
THE two people who were found dead at the scene of the explosion in Axbridge have now been formally identified as Wendy
THE two people who were found dead at the scene of the explosion in Axbridge have now been formally identified as Wendy and Wilfred (known as Wilf) Bastin (pictured).
Wendy was 47 years old and Wilf was aged 60 and worked as a carpenter.
A statement on behalf of the Bastin family reads:
"Last weekend our lives were turned upside down when we learned of the tragic deaths of our beloved Wendy and Wilf.
You may also want to watch:
"We are co-operating fully with the police so they can conduct a speedy investigation.
"We as a family need time now to come to terms with our loss and to inform all those who cared about Wendy and Wilf regarding their deaths.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
"On behalf of all the family we ask that we be left alone to come to terms with our grief in the days and weeks before we are able to lay our loved ones to rest.