Family dedicates tribute to mother who died after falling from flat
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A family has spoken of their ‘heartbreak’ after losing a ‘loving wife and mother’ at the weekend.
Police have formally identified the body of Catherine Ross, who died after falling from a flat in Phipps Street, in Southville, on Saturday.
Catherine, of Redhill, fell from the seventh-floor apartment building in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The 50-year-old died at the scene.
Catherine's husband and son are now being supported by a police family liaison officer after being informed of the news.
You may also want to watch:
In a family tribute to Catherine, they said: "Cathy was a loving wife and a mother, she was an animal lover and always took the time to help others.
"She was caring and compassionate and had an infectious smile.
- 1 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 6 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 7 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
"We are heartbroken she has gone and she will be greatly missed."
The family have asked for privacy at this time.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary enquiries into establishing the circumstances of Mrs Ross's death continue.