Family dedicates tribute to mother who died after falling from flat
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A family has spoken of their ‘heartbreak’ after losing a ‘loving wife and mother’ at the weekend.
Police have formally identified the body of Catherine Ross, who died after falling from a flat in Phipps Street, in Southville, on Saturday.
Catherine, of Redhill, fell from the seventh-floor apartment building in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The 50-year-old died at the scene.
Catherine's husband and son are now being supported by a police family liaison officer after being informed of the news.
You may also want to watch:
In a family tribute to Catherine, they said: "Cathy was a loving wife and a mother, she was an animal lover and always took the time to help others.
"She was caring and compassionate and had an infectious smile.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
"We are heartbroken she has gone and she will be greatly missed."
The family have asked for privacy at this time.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary enquiries into establishing the circumstances of Mrs Ross's death continue.