Family dedicates tribute to mother who died after falling from flat
- Credit: Avon and Somerset Constabulary
A family has spoken of their ‘heartbreak’ after losing a ‘loving wife and mother’ at the weekend.
Police have formally identified the body of Catherine Ross, who died after falling from a flat in Phipps Street, in Southville, on Saturday.
Catherine, of Redhill, fell from the seventh-floor apartment building in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The 50-year-old died at the scene.
Catherine's husband and son are now being supported by a police family liaison officer after being informed of the news.
You may also want to watch:
In a family tribute to Catherine, they said: "Cathy was a loving wife and a mother, she was an animal lover and always took the time to help others.
"She was caring and compassionate and had an infectious smile.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 4 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 5 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 6 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters
"We are heartbroken she has gone and she will be greatly missed."
The family have asked for privacy at this time.
Avon and Somerset Constabulary enquiries into establishing the circumstances of Mrs Ross's death continue.