Farm shop goes green
A FARM shop near Cheddar has gone green by plucking for eco-friendly bags. Staff at Nyland Hill Farm Shop declared war on plastic and have introduced Fairtrade cloth bags and brown paper bags.
A FARM shop near Cheddar has gone green by plucking for eco-friendly bags.
Staff at Nyland Hill Farm Shop declared war on plastic and have introduced Fairtrade cloth bags and brown paper bags.
Manager Nick Hill said: "Everyone is becoming more conscious about this sort of thing so we decided we didn't want plastic anymore."
The shop sells a range of farm produce including fruit, vegetables, chicken, beef and lamb. No fertilisers are used on the farm, which Nick and his family have lived on for more than 14 years.
You may also want to watch:
The farm shop, which opened 14 months ago, is open from Thursday to Sunday every week on Decoy Pool Farm.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse