Fashion show for cancer charity raises thousands
- Credit: sub
A Weston woman has helped raise hundreds of pounds through an annual fashion show.
Karen Beynon hosted the charity event at the Commodore Hotel, in Kewstoke, which saw models strut the catwalk in a variety of high street and designer labels.
The clothes were then up for grabs in a bid to raise money for the Dogs Detecting Cancer charity.
Karen said: “We managed to raise a brilliant £2,692.
“As usual the event sold out and the evening went very well and we had a lot of good comments throughout the evening.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to say thank you to all the girls who helped, without them I could not have done it, and to the Commodore for hosting us again.”
The cash will go towards training puppies to sense some of the signs of cancer to help with early diagnosis.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 8 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
Karen has supported the charity from the start and has now raised thousands of pounds for it.