Win tickets to see Fastlove - A Tribute To George Michael at Weston’s Playhouse
- Credit: Submitted
Weston’s Playhouse will host Fastlove – A Tribute To George Michael, and the Mercury is giving readers a chance to win tickets to see the show.
Tribute act Joseph Sansome will perform songs made famous by the internationally renowned singer-songwriter George Michael.
Joe will sing a selection of Michael’s well-loved songs, including Careless Whisper, Freedom, Outside and many others at the venue in High Street
Songs from Michael’s chart-topping album, Faith, released in 1987, and his time with Wham! will be performed on the night to pay homage to the late singer-songwriter.
Joe has performed his act in Australia, Germany, Holland, and Sweden.
Michael rose to fame as a member of music duo Wham! in 1981 alongside Andrew Ridgeley.
They are most well-known for making popular and catchy songs including Club Tropicana, Wake Me Up Before You Go Go and I’m Your Man.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 4 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
Michael released his debut album Faith in 1987 which sold more than 20 million copies worldwide, and for which he won a Grammy Award for in 1989.
He also won a Brit Award for British Male Solo Artist in 1997 and 1998 and more than 100 million of his records have been sold across the globe.
Michael died in December 2016, prompting numerous tributes from musicians around the world.
The show will be held at The Playhouse on October 10 at 7.30pm.
Tickets, priced £26, are available at www.theplayhouse.co.uk or on 01934 645544.
The Mercury has teamed up with The Playhouse to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to Fastlove – A Tribute To George Michael.
To enter the competition, simply answer the following question: Which album did George Michael release in 1987?
Send your answer, along with your name, address and telephone number to The George Michael Tribute competition, Weston, Worle and Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively, you can enter online at www.westonmercury.co.uk
The deadline to enter the prize draw is 10am on September 28.
By entering this competition you agree to be contacted by Archant about it.
Archant competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final.