Fathers 4 Justice campaign in Somerset
FATHERS 4 Justice have been putting up Christmas messages around Somerset in a bid to catch drivers attention.
FATHERS 4 Justice have been putting up Christmas messages around Somerset in a bid to catch drivers' attention.
The campaigners, who want more rights for fathers, put up a sign on Thursday saying "Fathers 4 Justice, judges beware, judges must enforce court orders" at a footbridge over the M5 near Clevedon but police removed it before the morning traffic.
Members of the group also wrote on farm bails at Sedgemoor Services, near Burnham, and Edithmead asking to 'put the father back into Christmas'.
A spokesman for the group said: "Dads only want the same right of access as mum's latest boyfriend. We as dads and grandparents love our children and wish to spend time with them."
You may also want to watch:
They also warned this is only the beginning of what people in the area can expect to see in the run up to Christmas.
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again