Festival to welcome top chef
- Credit: Archant
A Michelin star chef is set to headline the Weston-super-Mare Food Festival as the event doubles in size this year.
Josh Eggleton, who is a chef at the Pony and Trap in Bristol, will be showcasing his food at the food experience theatre event, which will include live demonstrations and cooking lessons.
Mr Eggleton was first awarded a Michelin star in 2011 and his pub continues to be a success, meaning he is a welcome addition to the festival at its new location in the Tropicana in September.
Festival organiser Sally Packer said: “Many of the producers have won coveted awards for their products so we really will be showcasing the best the West Country has to offer.
“The move to the Tropicana has given us the opportunity to expand and create a really first class event.
You may also want to watch:
“It will hopefully put Weston firmly on the map as a significant foodie destination.
“We want it to be a festival which both the local community and visitors from outside the area can enjoy.
- 1 Rapid coronavirus tests offered to people in North Somerset
- 2 Contemporary living in a pretty North Somerset village
- 3 Alliance Homes to deliver 40 affordable properties on Somerset housing development
- 4 More support needed from Government for pubs to survive
- 5 Restaurant donates meals to key workers, teachers and pupils
- 6 New hope in third lockdown due to vaccine
- 7 Pump track project appeals for further community support
- 8 Vacant care home to be transformed into seafront flats
- 9 Council seeks photographer for heritage project
- 10 Mass rollout of Oxford vaccine begins in North Somerset
“Hopefully. there will be something for everyone.”