Festive night fun and feasts
CROWDS of people filled a bustling Somerset village on Friday for the Cheddar Festive Night. Scores of people, some in festive fancy dress, turned up for the event, which takes place around Cliff Street and the gorge.
CROWDS of people filled a bustling Somerset village on Friday for the Cheddar Festive Night.
Scores of people, some in festive fancy dress, turned up for the event, which takes place around Cliff Street and the gorge.
Tasty treats were on offer including mulled cider, chocolate, pig roasts, burgers and sweets.
The event started with a bang when the traditional 'Whoopa Rocket' was launched from the top of St Andrew's Church in Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
Shops, cafes and pubs throughout the village were filled with hungry visitors and Christmas shoppers eager to bag a bargain.
Tummies were warmed with hot cider and pig roasts at The Bath Arms in Bath Street and The Riverside Inn in Cliff Street and chilli was served at Cox's Mill in The Cliffs.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 4 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 5 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 6 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Council plea to public as services impacted by pingdemic
- 9 Weston's youngest graffiti artist helps football club with mural
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
The event was also a treat for the ears as The RAFA Band played in the Methodist Church, The Salvation Army band played in the gorge and The Burtle Band entertained outside the tourist information centre.
Markets were held in Cliff Street car park and Edinburgh Woollen Mill and children's fairground rides kept little ones busy.
*To send us your pictures of Cheddar Festive Night log on to www.thewestonmercury.co.uk