Festive night of fireworks and live music held in Cheddar
- Credit: Archant
An evening of caving, fireworks and live music took place in Cheddar last week.
Festive Night was held in candlelit venues across the village.
The event began with a carol service at St Andrew’s Church, with villagers then flooding onto the streets for an evening of festive treats and shopping.
There were a variety of stalls selling the unsual Christmas gifts, and shoppers were invited to indulge in a selection of seasonal refreshments.
Cheddar Youth Trust held a hog roast at The Bath Arms, and mince pies and mulled wine were served around the village.
You may also want to watch:
The lower gorge was beautifully illuminated, and much of the village was decked out with lights and Christmas trees.
Cheddar’s caves were explored by candlelight, while live music was performed on the Costa patio.
- 1 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 4 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 5 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 6 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar
- 7 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 8 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake