Film crews at Sand Point for filming of Sanditon
- Credit: Mike Jerrett
Actors descended on Weston to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
Crews were filming at Sand Point during the weekend, as well as a number of locations in Clevedon on Friday, including the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom.
The programme is being directed by BAFTA-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies, best known for creating House of Cards.
Austen penned the book in the final months before her death in 1817, and production company Red Planet believes the district’s coastal views are the perfect place to recreate the fictitious seaside resort of Sanditon.
A release date for the eight-part programme, which will be shown on ITV, has not yet been announced, but Kris Marshall, Theo James, Crystal Clarke and Rose Williams are starring.
The sights of North Somerset have been captured in several shows including critically-acclaimed dramas Broadchurch and Sherlock.
- 1 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 2 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 3 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 4 Man SPAT at shop staff in row over face mask
- 5 Court rules that Baytree School expansion can go ahead
- 6 Stunning house with large rooms and annexe
- 7 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Shop chain will sell products past 'best before' date for as little as 20p
- 10 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business