Film crews at Sand Point for filming of Sanditon
- Credit: Mike Jerrett
Actors descended on Weston to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
Crews were filming at Sand Point during the weekend, as well as a number of locations in Clevedon on Friday, including the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom.
The programme is being directed by BAFTA-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies, best known for creating House of Cards.
Austen penned the book in the final months before her death in 1817, and production company Red Planet believes the district’s coastal views are the perfect place to recreate the fictitious seaside resort of Sanditon.
A release date for the eight-part programme, which will be shown on ITV, has not yet been announced, but Kris Marshall, Theo James, Crystal Clarke and Rose Williams are starring.
You may also want to watch:
The sights of North Somerset have been captured in several shows including critically-acclaimed dramas Broadchurch and Sherlock.
- 1 Council plans to introduce 20mph limit in Weston
- 2 Plans to demolish North Somerset pub refused
- 3 Bristol Airport 'confident' after euro airline commits to daily routes
- 4 Rough sleepers evicted from Weston park
- 5 New owners bring guest house back into family name
- 6 Why is taking part in the Census 2021 survey important?
- 7 Weston MP looking forward to a 'new normal' post-Covid
- 8 No deaths from coronavirus in one area of North Somerset
- 9 Garden waste charges for North Somerset households
- 10 Café to hold outdoor music events and stream gigs, thanks to grant