Film crews at Sand Point for filming of Sanditon
- Credit: Mike Jerrett
Actors descended on Weston to film scenes for the adaptation of Jane Austen’s novel Sanditon.
Crews were filming at Sand Point during the weekend, as well as a number of locations in Clevedon on Friday, including the seafront, around Marine Lake, on Salthouse Fields and the prom.
The programme is being directed by BAFTA-winning screenwriter Andrew Davies, best known for creating House of Cards.
Austen penned the book in the final months before her death in 1817, and production company Red Planet believes the district’s coastal views are the perfect place to recreate the fictitious seaside resort of Sanditon.
A release date for the eight-part programme, which will be shown on ITV, has not yet been announced, but Kris Marshall, Theo James, Crystal Clarke and Rose Williams are starring.
You may also want to watch:
The sights of North Somerset have been captured in several shows including critically-acclaimed dramas Broadchurch and Sherlock.
- 1 Boy, 17, 'with machete' arrested in village
- 2 Weston Mercury building up for sale
- 3 Fire service investigates vehicle workshop blaze
- 4 Mystery of hillside artwork in Somerset village revealed
- 5 Who you can vote for in Avon and Somerset PCC elections
- 6 Contractors chosen to design Banwell bypass
- 7 Council hits out at 'flawed' report ranking Weston as second-worst seaside town
- 8 Royal Pier Hotel redevelopment would 'help to regenerate town'
- 9 New headteacher for village first school
- 10 Wetherspoon pub closes in town centre