Crews tackle fire at seafront hotel in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a blaze at a seafront hotel in Weston-super-Mare on Sunday.
Crews from Portishead, Avonmouth, Kingswood, Yatton and Winscombe fire stations were called to the fire in Birnbeck Road just before 9pm.
The fire had spread to three floors of the building of the void hotel.
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used 12 breathing apparatus for safety, three high pressure hose reels and two 45mm jets to extinguish the fire.
They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also in attendance.
The cause is currently unknown and officers are due to return to the scene to continue their investigations.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 5 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 6 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Mayor quizzed by Weston's youngest reporters