Crews tackle fire at seafront hotel in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a blaze at a seafront hotel in Weston-super-Mare on Sunday.
Crews from Portishead, Avonmouth, Kingswood, Yatton and Winscombe fire stations were called to the fire in Birnbeck Road just before 9pm.
The fire had spread to three floors of the building of the void hotel.
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used 12 breathing apparatus for safety, three high pressure hose reels and two 45mm jets to extinguish the fire.
They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also in attendance.
The cause is currently unknown and officers are due to return to the scene to continue their investigations.
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 7 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 10 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years