Crews tackle fire at seafront hotel in Weston
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters battled a blaze at a seafront hotel in Weston-super-Mare on Sunday.
Crews from Portishead, Avonmouth, Kingswood, Yatton and Winscombe fire stations were called to the fire in Birnbeck Road just before 9pm.
The fire had spread to three floors of the building of the void hotel.
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used 12 breathing apparatus for safety, three high pressure hose reels and two 45mm jets to extinguish the fire.
They also used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.
You may also want to watch:
Police were also in attendance.
The cause is currently unknown and officers are due to return to the scene to continue their investigations.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 4 Cancer specialist offers tips on mental wellbeing during lockdown
- 5 Appeal after brick thrown through window in Weston
- 6 North Somerset could be placed in higher tier after national lockdown ends
- 7 County council chairman urged to resign over 'slip of the tongue' comment about gypsies
- 8 Weston General Hospital increases patient-to-nurse ratio due to rising coronavirus patient numbers
- 9 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 10 175th anniversary of Weston Cricket Club book by Roger Webber to shortly be released