Fire blaze rages for five hours
A BARN fire in Lympsham raged on for almost five hours this morning. Fire crews from Burnham were called to the blaze at Wick Farm in Brean Road at 2.20am when the barn was well alight.
A BARN fire in Lympsham raged on for almost five hours this morning.
Fire crews from Burnham were called to the blaze at Wick Farm in Brean Road at 2.20am when the barn was well alight. When they arrived the farm cattle had already been moved to a safe area.
At 5.30am crews were still working on the fire and were spraying surrounding buildings to allow the contents of the barn, which was 40ft by 100ft, to burn out.
By 7.45am the fire had been brought under control but fire crews remained at the farm as a precautionary measure.
You may also want to watch:
More than 1,000sq metres of straw and hay, a tractor and a trailer were destroyed by the blaze, which was thought to be started deliberately.
Police are now investigating the incident.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 6 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
- 7 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 8 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 9 Restricting more flights from airport would have 'profound implications for society', says lawyer
- 10 Yatton development welcomes first movers