Fire breaks out above pub this morning (Fri)

PUBLISHED: 09:48 22 July 2011 | UPDATED: 09:53 22 July 2011

Avon Fire and Rescue

Avon Fire and Rescue

supplied

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small fire above a pub in Weston in the early hours of this morning (Fri).

Avon Fire and Rescue was alerted to the blaze above the Raglan Arms, in Upper Church Road, after a nearby resident smelt smoke at 3.48am.

Two crews responded and found the fire under floorboards in the empty flat above the pub.

They pulled up the boards and used hose reels to extinguish the small fire, which was sparked by an electrical fault.

Fire crews returned in the morning to find the property had suffered smoke damage, but the pub had escaped any significant damage.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists