Fire causes supermarket to be evacuated

PUBLISHED: 09:45 28 September 2012 | UPDATED: 15:30 28 September 2012

Fire in the bakery

Fire in the bakery

(c) copyright

A SUPERMARKET in Weston was evacuated after a fire broke out last night (Thurs).

Avon Fire and Rescue were called to the Asda supermarket in Phillips Road at about 6.30pm yesterday after a small electrical fire broke out in the baking area of the store.

The store was evacuated while crews from Avonmouth, Weston and Winscombe used two carbon dioxide jets to put out the fire.

* This photo of a fire engine outside the store was sent in to us by reader Jo Davies through our iwitness 24 website.

All you have to do to get started is sign up at

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists