Fire creates asbestos fears

mha-ax-fire-engine2

- Credit: Archant

ASBESTOS fears have been raised following a fire this afternoon (Tues).

Crews were called to Oxford Street in Burnham at 4.16pm.

They found a fire in the garage and outbuilding and extinguished the blaze while removing nearby gas cylinders.

Environmental health teams were informed of the fire because ‘minor’ asbestos was discovered at the scene.

Avon and Somerset Constabulary also attended although Devon Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire is unknown.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter