Two vehicles stuck in floodwater rescued in Congresbury
- Credit: Archant
Crews were called out to rescue two vehicles stuck in floodwater this morning (Friday) in Congresbury.
Fire services from Yatton, Bedminster and Winscombe received the reports at 10.09am, on arrival they found the vehicles, in Iwood Lane and rescued three casualaties.
Rain is forecast in Congresbury over the next three days but there is no weather warning in place.
An Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said drivers should take care when driving through floodwater or heavy rain.
They said: "Monitor media broadcasts closely; flash floods can happen with very little, if any, warning.
You may also want to watch:
"Do not drive through flooded areas, if you see a flooded road ahead, turn around and find an alternative route.
"In heavy rain, drive slowly and leave plenty of room between you and the vehicles around you."
- 1 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 7 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 10 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
For more on driving in floodwater, visit www.bit.ly/2VFjywc