Emergency services called after reports of caravan on fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to a report of a caravan on fire at 7.38pm yesterday (Saturday).
Two fire engines from Weston fire station with nine firefighters attended the scene in Silver Moor Lane, in Banwell.
Upon arrival, the abandoned caravan, which was parked at a layby, was well lit.
The crews from Avon And Somerset Fire And Rescue had to use a thermal imaging camera to find the fire hotspots as well as high pressure hose reels and breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
The incident has been passed over to the police as it is believed the caravan was delibarately set on fire.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder