Emergency services called after reports of caravan on fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to a report of a caravan on fire at 7.38pm yesterday (Saturday).
Two fire engines from Weston fire station with nine firefighters attended the scene in Silver Moor Lane, in Banwell.
Upon arrival, the abandoned caravan, which was parked at a layby, was well lit.
The crews from Avon And Somerset Fire And Rescue had to use a thermal imaging camera to find the fire hotspots as well as high pressure hose reels and breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
The incident has been passed over to the police as it is believed the caravan was delibarately set on fire.
You may also want to watch:
No one was injured.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 9 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend