Emergency services called after reports of caravan on fire
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews were called out to a report of a caravan on fire at 7.38pm yesterday (Saturday).
Two fire engines from Weston fire station with nine firefighters attended the scene in Silver Moor Lane, in Banwell.
Upon arrival, the abandoned caravan, which was parked at a layby, was well lit.
The crews from Avon And Somerset Fire And Rescue had to use a thermal imaging camera to find the fire hotspots as well as high pressure hose reels and breathing apparatus to tackle the fire.
The incident has been passed over to the police as it is believed the caravan was delibarately set on fire.
No one was injured.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch