Fire crews called to home blaze
PUBLISHED: 11:42 14 January 2011
A FIRE broke out in a home near Weston last night (Thurs).
Two of the town’s fire engines were called to Adastral Road in Locking at about 8.30pm to reports of a blaze in a chimney.
A newly installed wood burning stove, which had debris still inside, had caught alight.
Specialist water jet rods were used to get inside the chimney and extinguish the fire.
A spokesman from Avon Fire & Rescue said: “People need to ensure they have their chimneys swept regularly as debris can catch on fire.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.