Fire crews called to house fire

PUBLISHED: 13:30 13 July 2011

An unattended candle caused the fire

An unattended candle caused the fire

Archant

FIRE engines were called to a fire in a home in Burnham last night.

An unattended candle set fire to a window frame and ledge in an upstairs bedroom at the home in Beatty Way, and crews from Devon Fire and Rescue extinguished it using breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet.

The homes occupier had tried to extinguish the fire with a hose reel before the crews arrived, and an extra smoke detector was fitted on the first floor of the home.

No one was injured in the incident.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury