Road closed after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A road in Highbridge was closed by emergency services after crews called to reports of a house on fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue were called out to a two-storey terraced building, in Market Street, this morning (Friday) at 11.13am.
On arrival, the crews from Burnham-on-Sea, Bridgwater and Taunton, found the flat was on fire and severely damaged.
Neighbouring properties suffered from slight smoke damage to roof voids.
Crews had to use two hose reel jets, six breathing apparatus sets and a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The fire has now been extinguished but they are currently dealing with some slight smoke logging in the property.
The road remains closed with slow traffic on the B3139 Market Street both ways from A38 Church Street to Bennett Road.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
Traffic between Highbridge and Walrow is being affected.
A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire is out but we still have a crew dampening down before the fire investigation can start."