Road closed after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A road in Highbridge was closed by emergency services after crews called to reports of a house on fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue were called out to a two-storey terraced building, in Market Street, this morning (Friday) at 11.13am.
On arrival, the crews from Burnham-on-Sea, Bridgwater and Taunton, found the flat was on fire and severely damaged.
Neighbouring properties suffered from slight smoke damage to roof voids.
Crews had to use two hose reel jets, six breathing apparatus sets and a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The fire has now been extinguished but they are currently dealing with some slight smoke logging in the property.
The road remains closed with slow traffic on the B3139 Market Street both ways from A38 Church Street to Bennett Road.
- 1 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 2 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 3 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 4 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
- 7 Weston project promotes healthy eating for youngsters
- 8 Backwell boy raises more than £1k for Dementia UK
- 9 Husband and wife launch Cheddar Pizza House in lockdown
- 10 North Somerset Council pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Traffic between Highbridge and Walrow is being affected.
A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire is out but we still have a crew dampening down before the fire investigation can start."