Road closed after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A road in Highbridge was closed by emergency services after crews called to reports of a house on fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue were called out to a two-storey terraced building, in Market Street, this morning (Friday) at 11.13am.
On arrival, the crews from Burnham-on-Sea, Bridgwater and Taunton, found the flat was on fire and severely damaged.
Neighbouring properties suffered from slight smoke damage to roof voids.
Crews had to use two hose reel jets, six breathing apparatus sets and a thermal imaging camera.
The fire has now been extinguished but they are currently dealing with some slight smoke logging in the property.
The road remains closed with slow traffic on the B3139 Market Street both ways from A38 Church Street to Bennett Road.
- 1 Suspected drug trafficker from Weston named in most wanted campaign
- 2 Dog found in hedge now looking for forever home
- 3 Man involved in 17-hour stand-off with police in Weston named locally
- 4 Luke Stillwell charged over Turnock Gardens incident
- 5 Sovereign Centre's fridge of free stuff officially opened
- 6 Plan for 2,800-home development would see 'Banwell Bypass' built
- 7 17-hour siege at Weston house comes to an end after arrest
- 8 Firefighters put out 'deliberate' blaze in Weston
- 9 Sainsbury's propose 9,000 sq.ft North Somerset store
- 10 Homes evacuated as armed police and negotiators brought for Weston siege
Traffic between Highbridge and Walrow is being affected.
A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire is out but we still have a crew dampening down before the fire investigation can start."