Road closed after house fire
- Credit: Archant
A road in Highbridge was closed by emergency services after crews called to reports of a house on fire.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue were called out to a two-storey terraced building, in Market Street, this morning (Friday) at 11.13am.
On arrival, the crews from Burnham-on-Sea, Bridgwater and Taunton, found the flat was on fire and severely damaged.
Neighbouring properties suffered from slight smoke damage to roof voids.
Crews had to use two hose reel jets, six breathing apparatus sets and a thermal imaging camera.
You may also want to watch:
The fire has now been extinguished but they are currently dealing with some slight smoke logging in the property.
The road remains closed with slow traffic on the B3139 Market Street both ways from A38 Church Street to Bennett Road.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 3 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 4 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 7 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision
Traffic between Highbridge and Walrow is being affected.
A spokesman from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue said: "The fire is out but we still have a crew dampening down before the fire investigation can start."