Crews tackle house fire started by woodburner
PUBLISHED: 08:20 10 August 2017 | UPDATED: 08:26 10 August 2017
Firefighters were called to a house fire in Sandford last night (Wednesday).
Crews from Winscombe and Weston attended the blaze just after 10pm, supported by a fire engine from Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service.
The fire was started by a woodburner which spread to the ceiling and roof joists of the property in Shipham Lane.
Crews remained on scene after the fire was extinguished to remove burnt embers from around the roof.
The blaze is believed to have been started accidentally.