FIRE in Cheddar kebab shop

10am 06.12.07 A CHIP pan fire at a kebab shop in Cheddar resulted in two fire engines being called to put it out.

10am 06.12.07 A CHIP pan fire at a kebab shop in Cheddar resulted in two fire engines being called to put it out.

The blaze at the shop in Cliff Street started in a deep fat fryer and spread to the extraction fan and the surrounding area before the floor caught alight.

The incident happened at around 9.30pm yesterday (Wed) and by the time fire crews arrived the fryer was well alight.

Flames were extinguished more than an hour later, at around 10.40pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus