Firefighters called to chimney fire
PUBLISHED: 16:13 28 October 2018 | UPDATED: 16:13 28 October 2018
A chimney fire saw firefighters called out to an emergency incident earlier today (Sunday).
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a 999 call and were dispatched to The Causeway, in Mark, just after 10am.
Crews from Burnham-on-Sea attended the scene.
A fire service spokesman said: “On arrival the crew confirmed the chimney was well alight.
“To deal with the incident firefighters had to remove the stove and expose the hearth plate.
“The fire was also tackled from the roof at the top of the chimney stack.
“The fire was extinguished using a triple extension ladder, a roof ladder, thermal image camera, safety at height equipment, chimney gear and one hose reel.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.