Firefighters called to chimney fire
- Credit: Archant
A chimney fire saw firefighters called out to an emergency incident earlier today (Sunday).
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service received a 999 call and were dispatched to The Causeway, in Mark, just after 10am.
Crews from Burnham-on-Sea attended the scene.
A fire service spokesman said: “On arrival the crew confirmed the chimney was well alight.
“To deal with the incident firefighters had to remove the stove and expose the hearth plate.
“The fire was also tackled from the roof at the top of the chimney stack.
“The fire was extinguished using a triple extension ladder, a roof ladder, thermal image camera, safety at height equipment, chimney gear and one hose reel.”
- 1 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 2 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 3 PICTURES: Winter Gardens Christmas fayre
- 4 New community fridge opens in the Sovereign Centre
- 5 John Crockford-Hawley column: A Bridge Too Far?
- 6 Home gets illuminated with Christmas lights for charity
- 7 Charity farm commits to supporting people in need
- 8 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 9 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
- 10 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'