Six people evacuated from fire in town centre
- Credit: Google
Six people were evacuated from a house in Weston town centre after a fire broke out on the first floor.
Crews from Weston and Winscombe were called to the fire in Longton Grove Road just after 10.50pm on Tuesday night.
Six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus battled the blaze, which is now believed to have started accidentally.
Crews from Avon Fire and Rescue Service used two hose reel jets, one covering jet and one safety jet to extinguish the fire, as well as a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
Firefighters treated six casualties at the scene before they were handed over to ambulance crews.
Avon and Somerset Police and the gas board also attended the incident.
- 1 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 2 Impressive house in a popular area of Weston
- 3 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 4 Councillor calls for misogyny to be classed as hate crime
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 8 New principal appointed at academy
- 9 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented
- 10 Man sentenced after racially abusing a woman following a collision